Senioritis. A word repeated throughout the halls of high schools, observed by teachers, and disliked by parents. Many students experience senioritis, an apparent disease that causes students to lose all motivation to excel in school, get those stellar grades, and have a perfect attendance record. After turning in all college applications and finishing the first semester of senior year, many people feel like there is no point in school. Students are tired of the constant work, quizzes, and reading. This affliction affects students on different levels. Some students refrain from coming to school, some students stop turning in work, and some may continue to do their work, but lack the effort and motivation they had the first three years of high school.
Although many seniors experience this, everyone should try to avoid it. You don’t want your grades to start slipping, for a college to notice, and for it to negatively affect your acceptance into a school. No matter the severity your senioritis, remember to cherish the rest of your days at school and continue to work as diligently as you did during your previous years in school. Before you know it, you are off starting a huge new chapter in life. Here is a playlist of songs to help you get through the last semester, to remember your high school experience, and to cheer you up with some throwbacks:
- Get Up, Stand Up by Bob Marley
- Be OK by Ingrid Michaelson
- Don’t Stop Me Now by Queen
- I’ll Always Remember You by Hannah Montana
- High School Musical by High School Musical Cast
- I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack
- You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift
- Never Grow Up by Taylor Swift
- Crazy by Gnarls Barkly
- Started From The Bottom by Drake
- The Climb by Miley Cyrus
- Time of Your Life by Green Day
- Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield
Hope you enjoy!