This is the official page of New West’s Community Service events!! Below is a list of Community Service events in which New West has created a team and a list of just other Community Service events you should check out. Have fun!
Join New West’s Team for…
Other Community Service Events
•Relay for Life of UCLA: April 24, 2016. Drake Track & Field Stadium. This walk-a-thon benefits the American Cancer Society. Check it out! http://relay.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLCY16CA?fr_id=71726&pg=entry
•Relay for Life of Santa Monica and Venice: Saturday May 14. Santa Monica College. Benefits the American Cancer Society. http://relay.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLCY16CA?fr_id=74329&pg=entry
•Fun Zone Reading Club: Fun Zone Reading Club is a non-profit club dedicated to helping economically disadvantaged and homeless individuals become self-sufficient through reading opportunities. They’re looking for volunteers! http://funzonereadingclub.webs.com/
•Venice Family Clinic is looking for interns! Apply now. This counts as community service. http://www.venicefamilyclinic.org/volunteers/volunteer-opportunities
• Los Angeles Public Library needs teenage volunteers! Help others with homework, adults learn English, and a multitude of other activities. http://www.lapl.org/get-involved/volunteer
• Project Angel Food. Weekly events in gardening and cooking benefiting people with critical illnesses. http://www.angelfood.org/site/PageServer?pagename=volunteer_opportunities#.VgmtXbRViko
• NKLA (No-Kill Los Angeles) – Pet Adoption Center. Volunteer to help cats and dogs. http://nkla.org/get-involved/volunteer
•Midnight Mission. On-going project to feed the homeless! http://www.midnightmission.org/get-involved-1/spring-2015/volunteer/step-1/
• Food on Foot. Every Sunday. Hollywood. Distribute food and clothing to homeless. https://www.foodonfoot.org/volunteer/
• Opica Adult Day Center. Contact them for more info on volunteering! http://www.opica.org/modx/how-to-help-opica/volunteer.html
• Children’s Hospital LA Junior Ambassador Program. Want to be a leader while also actively giving back to the community? Here’s how: CHLA Junior Ambassador Program
Have a community service opportunity you think we should mention? Email us at NewWestPress@gmail.com to let us know!